At Right-Hand, our mission is to make humans more defensible against cyber threats. In today’s dynamic and ever evolving threat landscape, cyber attackers possess advanced capabilities to evade traditional technological security layers (like an email security platform or a firewall). This forces a company’s employees to serve as the last line of defense. However, with roughly 90% of cyber attacks occurring due to human error, it is evident that most employees are not prepared for these scenarios. Right-Hand is uniquely positioned to help organizations address this massive issue and reduce human influenced cyber risk.
The daily fulfilment of this mission would not be possible without the cornerstone of Right-Hand’s business – its people. We firmly believe if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, and the rest will work itself out. The founding team at Right-Hand has created a culture that is truly transparent, motivating, and fast-paced to attract and retain the top talent in the industry. If you want to join this mission-driven team and believe you fit the profile below, let’s talk!
As a full- stack engineer at Right-Hand, you will be part of our small, agile team that is building and designing our next generation cyber security platform and utilities. Working across our stack, you will be responsible for creating end-to-end microservices that support business operations as we scale and grow our client base.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Rails and front-end language (ideally Angular or React) developer who thrives in an agile environment and has a passion for developing high-quality, maintainable code using the latest technologies. We are looking for curious, collaborative team mates who are eager to teach what they already know and is excited to take responsibility for large parts of our applications. Your technical judgment and experience will help us build the tools today that will redefine tomorrow’s cybersecurity landscape. Technologies we use: Rails, Angular, React, Amazon cloud service, Docker/Elastic, Fargate, AWS Lambda, RSpec, Go
As a Full Stack Engineer you will:
- Write rock solid, well-tested and maintainable code in Rails .5x using full stack technologies
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core web applications and microservices
- Ensure that standards and principles are adhered to and communicated to other stakeholders on the team
- Show thought leadership by mentoring and assisting junior staff members
- Identify performance bottlenecks, use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place, and optimize existing large-scale complex systems
- Participate in code reviews
- Keep abreast of relevant technologies, systems, tools, processes, and make recommendations and decisions on inclusion into the Right-Hand development methodologies and product architecture
You Bring to the Table:
- 2+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails, Angular/ ReactJS and NodeJS
- Hands on experience in designing and developing end to end applications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Self-disciplined and pay attention to quality, details, and most importantly, results
- You like to share – you write code that is modular and extensible whenever possible and leave code better than you found it
- You love to ship – your track record of shipping software that you took end to end responsibility for speaks for itself
- An eager to learn mindset, positive attitude, and an unrivalled level of effort
It’s Great, But Not Required, If You Have:
- Experience in the Cybersecurity industry
- Experience building microservices
- Experience building APIs
- Knowledge of containerization and AWS
Yes our benefits are great, but we hope you want to work at Right-Hand because you believe in our mission to make humans more defensible against cyber threats.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 20 paid holidays per year
Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words for us. Our commitment to inclusion across gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ability, socioeconomic background, immigration statuses, and experiences drives us forward every day. We foster an open, tolerant, and constructive work environment with a team consisting of diverse views and backgrounds.
Right-Hand is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire and promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.