Mobile learning (m-learning) advantages
- Mobile learning is more accessible. Users can learn on the go, from anywhere, and at any time of the day. Mobile learners have instant access to relevant content.
- Self-paced learning allows mobile learners to learn at their own pace and may eliminate the pressure and frustration that may result from classroom learning.
- Students have different learning styles. Some may be visual learners while others are auditory learners. Mobile learning supports all types of media creating more dynamic and engaging experiences.
- Mobile learning makes it possible for content to be broken down into bite-sized pieces resulting in higher retention rates and faster completion times.
- Collaboration with teachers and other mobile learners is possible with mobile learning.
- Mobile learning can be personalized to each student’s needs.
- Mobile learning is cost-effective. Content can be distributed to thousands of users at the same time.
- Using interactive elements such as leaderboards, quizzes, and games, may engage and motivate learners.
- Content can be changed or updated at any time.
- Mobile learning may encourage continuous learning.
Be Aware of Mobile Learning Security!
- Using unsecured, public wifi networks such as those found in libraries, malls, hotels, coffee shops, and airports can be open windows for cybercriminals.
- Third-party applications that do not use secure connections for data access can pose serious security risks.
- Loss or theft of mobile devices can allow access to personal data and passwords. Make sure you use screen lock and multifactor authentication.
- Don’t forget to protect your mobile apps with secure passwords. Yes, even your learning apps!